Welcome to Live Oak Elementary School!
2014-2015 School Calendar
It is our mission to facilitate student success by providing opportunities for students to become life-long learners, develop a sense of worth, master the skills of balanced, rigorous curriculum and develop to their fullest potential as they prepare to become contributing citizens in a changing world.
New Student Registration
- 2015-2016- Kindergarteners must be 5 years old on or before 9/1/2015
- 2015-2016- Transitional Kindergarteners must be 5 years old between 9/2/2015-12/2/2015
- The following documents are required for registration
- A copy of your child's birth certificate, hospital certificate with attending physician's signature, baptismal certificate or passport
- One of the following: a utility (gas, water, electric, trash) bill, lease agreement, mortgage statement, property tax payment receipt or pay stub to show proof of residency (cell phone bill and canceled checks will not be accepted)
- If you reside with another family, a signed letter from that family, along with one of the listed documents above will be accepted
- Immunization records- Required before the first day of school for Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and students new to the United States
- Registration documents are located under the "registration" quick link on this page or you may pick up a packet in the school office.
After School Tutoring Program
Live Oak is once again the proud recipient of the County of Los Angeles Volunteer Award for the Val Verde Tutoring Program that we run each school year at Val Verde Park. The award is recognition of our dedicated service to the affairs of the community and for our civic pride demonstrated through this program.
This year's program will begin Monday, October 13th and run every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (except for non-student school days) through April 3, 2015.